Welcome to the Austin (TX) Chapter of The Links, Incorporated website. Founded on December 9, 1960, the Austin Chapter is based on the concepts of friendship and service. The Austin (TX) Chapter of The Links, Incorporated is one of 288 Links chapters in 42 states and the District of Columbia (DC) as well as The Bahamas and the United Kingdom. Our reach is global.
The Austin (TX) Chapter, located in the Western Area, has a rich and vibrant history. It was the 13th Chapter to be chartered in the Western Area and the fourth to be chartered in Texas. For 60 Years, the Austin (TX) chapter members have engaged in over 100,000 hours serving and working with our national, area, and local partners to provide transformative and meaningful service to citizens in the Austin Metroplex Area including Travis, Williamson, Hays, Blanco, Caldwell, and Bastrop counties.
Our service is reflected in five areas:
- National Trends and Services – addressing issues pertinent to our communities and the nation
- Services to Youth – undertaking the challenges faced by African-American youth
- International Trends & Services – helping to improve the lives and livelihood of the global community
- The Arts – supporting and promoting the performing and visual arts
- Health & Human Services – encouraging good health and educating the public while helping to eliminate health disparities in minority communities
As we celebrate our 60th Anniversary, we are committed to providing world-class service in the community through transformational programs that positively impact and improve the lives of the people we serve. As you navigate our website, you will discover our many civic, cultural, educational, and health-related programming, as well as our rich legacy of leadership and service.
Georgia L. Johnson, President
Austin (TX) Chapter
The Links, Incorporated